Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Pegasus Guyana - Ants and Roach Infested Rooms

By Selwyn A. Pieters, B.A., LL.B., L.E.C.
Lawyer & Notary Public (Ontario, Canada)
Attorney-at-Law (Republic of Guyana, Island of Trinidad)
Created August 05, 2015

I post this video taken on August 04, 2015 at the Pegasus Hotel in Georgetown Guyanaand these pictures taken one year ago in August 2014, where I experienced a problem with a roach infestation problem at the Pegasus Guyana. I expected to see much improvement in 2015, however, lo and behold, in 2015 very little has changed including customer service.





From: Selwyn Pieters
To:  susan Isaacs @pegasushotelguyana.com
 Cc: reservations @pegasushotelguyana.com
 Date: Monday, August 03, 2015 08:02 pm
 Subject: Pegasus

Good evening Susan,

I was hoping I would not have to write you this trip but I do have to. As you know I was in 2007, and I had an invasion of ants in the room. Not sure how house-keeping would have missed that. I spent Sunday and part of Monday in Berbice. When I returned Monday evening there were scores of fine ants in the room. I called down to the reception desk to relay my concerns about 4:15 p.m. I requested that housekeeping spray the room and bring a mop to mop up the ants. One hour later no one arrived. I went down to the front desk, to see the duty manager. It took a while waiting. So I left and took a walk outside the hotel. When I returned I waited for some time for the duty manager and had to return to the room since the duty manager did not come to the front desk. He arrived at 6:22 p.m. I was then moved to room 3006 shortly after 6:30 p.m.

The excuse that the on-call manager provided for no seeing me earlier was simply not acceptable. What can be more important (apart from an emergency such as a fire or robbery or medical emergency) than responding to a customer whose room is swarmed with ants?

I stayed at the Pegasus this trip because I had to old family members who I brought along on holidays and I thought this would be good. I am very disappointed.

My aunty who stayed in room 715 complained that her luggage was piflfered and belongings stolen. She was also concerned that the housekeeping staff left two bath towels in the room and showed up late almost every evening with a washclothe. It seemed very irregular to her.

This cannot be the best customer service that Pegasus can offer. It just cannot be....

Yours very truly,

Selwyn A. Pieters, B.A., LL.B., L.E.C.
Lawyer & Notary Public










No comments: